Accreditation Preparation Toolkit
Welcome to Accreditation Preparation Toolkit!
This toolkit allows local health departments (LHDs) interested in pursuing accreditation to search for and adapt valuable tools and resources to enhance accreditation readiness. This toolkit contains resources for LHDs with varying levels of experience.
Tools are categorized as follows:
- Literature: For LHDs beginning to think about accreditation, these resources provide background reading on accreditation in public health.
- Prerequisites: To apply for national accreditation, LHDs must have a current community health assessment (CHA), community health improvement plan (CHIP), and agency strategic plan. These tools provide examples of these prerequisite documents along with how-to guides for developing them.
- Case Examples: These resources showcase examples of how LHDs nationwide have started preparing for accreditation by implementing agency-wide performance improvement projects and conducting QI activities.
Top Ten Tools (By Rating)
- Prerequisite: Spokane Regional Health District Strategic Planning Process (2009-2014)
- Prerequisite: Greene County Combined Health District Community Health Improvement Plan (2009)
- Prerequisite: Orange County Health Department Strategic Plan (2006-2011)
- Case Example: Escambia County Health Department (FL)
- Prerequisite: Harris County Public Health & Environmental Services Strategic Plan (2005-2010)
- Literature: Challenges,Opportunities & Strategies for Rural LHDs Seeking Accreditation