Environmental Health in All Policies (HiAP)
Welcome to Environmental Health in All Policies (HiAP)!
Health in All Policies(HiAP) is an innovative, systems change approach to the processes through which policies are created and implemented. HiAP involves a consideration of the health impacts of policies at all stages of the policymaking process, thereby ensuring that policy decisions result in positive health effects or do not contribute to the degradation of health status.
The Environmental HiAP Toolkit includes tools and resources that have been developed and used to help local decision makers educate and raise awareness of health in all policies and environmental health policy. To learn more about HiAP and how to use the toolkit please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trzpsE4LEnY
Top Ten Tools (By Rating)
- Guidance and Best Practices for Stakeholder Participation in Health Impact Assessments - Version 1.0
- Getting to Smart Growth: 100 Policies for Implementation
- Health in All Policies Task Force: Report to the Strategic Growth Council
- Health in all Policies: Connecting the Dots
- Health in All Policies Projects
- How to Create and Implement Healthy General Plans
- Health Impact Assessment Resource List of Toolkits & Guides
- Partners for Public Health: Working with Local, State, and Federal Agencies to Create Healthier Comm
- Implementing Health in All Policies
- Why Place Matters: Building a Movement for Healthy Communities