Return to Toolbox Main.
This is an online collection of PDF documents created by the Pennsylvania Department of Health in October 2010.
The Pennsylvania Modular Emergency Medical System (PA-MEMS) is the suggested approach for structuring medical surge efforts in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PA-MEMS outlines processes and procedures that serve as basic guidance for an all-hazards approach in responding to mass effect incidents. This series is an excellent resource that covers a large scope of topics in nine separate volumes. The series collectively outlines the strategic and doctrinal framework for the Commonwealth in response to mass effect incidents.
· Volume I: A Systems Approach
· Volume II: Management System
· Volume III: Alternate Care Sites
· Volume IV: Modified Delivery of Healthcare with Scarce Resources
· Volume V: Transportation System
· Volume VI: Resource Management
· Volume VII: Mass Fatality Management System
· Volume VIII: Community Outreach and Public Education
· Volume IX: Managing Behavioral Health Needs