Return to Toolbox Main.
View Comments and Ratings
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in collaboration with the American Public Health Association, hosted the Climate Change: Mastering the Public Health Role Webinar Series, intended to be a useful tool to help prepare the public health community for the challenges of climate change.
The topics covered in Part 1 of this series were as follows:
• “An Overview of Climate Change Science and Impacts to Human Health”
• “A Look at U.S. Regional Impacts of Climate Change on Health”
• “The Public Health Role in State and Local Climate Change Action Plans”
• “The Public Health Role in Climate Change Communication and Effective Messaging Strategy”
• “An Eye Toward Public Health Adaptation Strategy”
• “Looking Ahead: Advancing the Public Health Response to Climate Change”
Topics covered in Part 2 of the series were as follows:
• "A Look at State and Local Climate Change Action Planning"
• "A Look at State and Local Practice in Developing Vulnerability and Needs Assessments"
• “A Look at State and Local Public Health Adaptation Tools”
• "Making the Connection Between U.S. and International Climate Change Efforts"
Each webinar features examples of principles in action and provides additional resources for public health practitioners hoping to improve their climate change efforts and increase their health department’s capacity.
Climate Change Toolkit
By Raymond Roe
Excellent speakers and subject matter experts. Information current even for today.
By Sandy Van Sant
great to show to staff as well as leadership