Return to Toolbox Main.
This tool includes detailed information on:
• Designing and conducting realistic disaster scenarios
• Recruiting and training workshop staff (instructors, evaluators, facilitators and simulated victims)
• Recruiting and training workshop participants
Who should use this tool?
This workshop is
appropriate for any population of users that would benefit from
improving their skills related to disaster preparedness and response
and/or team response and communication. Some potential users include: 1)
Interprofessional education courses in University or College Health
Science Programs , 2) State and Local Public Health Departments,
particularly in under-resourced or rural areas, 3) Corporations and
Small Businesses, 4) Professional or Voluntary Organizations for Health
Science Professionals (e.g. Medical Reserve Corps).
What Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) Capabilities does it support?
• Community Preparedness
• Emergency Operations Coordination
• Mass Care
• Responder Safety and Health
• Volunteer Management