Return to Toolbox Main.
Epidemiological Surveillance and Response Annex - Southeastern Health Department, ID
This 24-page document was created in 2005 as evidence for part of Goal 1, Measure 1 of Project Public Health Ready (PPHR) by the Southeastern District Health Department.
This plan provides the following:
- Definitions of major and minor outbreak;
- Information on when to move to an Alert Phase and activities to be done during this phase;
- Information for the Epidemiological Response Team;
- Information on Microbiological and Environmental Investigations;
- Media management information; and
- Outline of responsibilities for epidemiology program, environmental health staff, and the health director.
This resource was created based on the 2004 Criteria. Below are the items identified as missing based on the 2006 Criteria:
- Rapid Training Curriculum
- Reports of Notifiable Conditions
- Perform and Analyze Definitive Studies
- Monitor Adverse Reactions of Public Health Interventions
Local public health preparedness practitioners have commented that the tool is a detailed and well organized example of an epidemiological response plan.
All-Hazards, Environmental Health, Epidemiology, Project Public Health Ready
Southeastern Health Department, ID
Five most recent user comments
EPI Surveillance and Response
By Paula Anderson
A detailed and well-organized plan that includes introductory demographics, objectives, definitions, outside resources, fully developed process steps and partner linkages in addition to a full range of investigation types plus communications. Very comprehensive.
Epi Surveillance and Response Plan - SE Idaho
By Dean BeLer
Good tool for reference.
Epi Surveillance Southeastern HD
By Amanda Bogard
The NACCHO Toolbox is a repository of available resources to help local public health practitioners. Tools are produced by local, state, and federal agencies, as well as academic institutions and other stakeholders. The contents of this Toolbox are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily reflect any official recommendations of NACCHO. NACCHO makes no express or implied warranty with respect to the contents and disclaims liability for any damages arising from or connected to the use of the material in this Toolbox.