Key project activities include:
• Exploring the feasibility and acceptability of using nurse triage lines during a future influenza pandemic.
• Exploring if 2-1-1 and poison control centers can serve as part of a coordinated infrastructure for nurse triage lines during a pandemic emergency.
• Identifying outstanding policy, legal, medical, and nursing practice issues and possible resolution of these issues.
• Exploring if collaborative practice agreements with pharmacists can be utilized during a future pandemic to augment nurse triage lines.
• Exploring ways to ensure the "medical home" or primary providers of patient care are informed of NTL dispositions to maintain continuity of care.
• Assessing acceptability of nurse triage lines to the public.
• Testing "opt-in" mobile telephone texting to provide post-prescription information and medication reminders.
• Creating a template for action and identifying needed resources.