Village of Oak Park (IL) Department of Public Health
Oak Park developed Food-borne Illness Investigation Train and Drill Pack, a training module and three drills for health department personnel and MRC volunteers with little epidemiology background.
- Review and assess basic trainings available through the state and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention;
- Assess current practices of food-borne illness investigators from larger local/state health departments that routinely investigate food-borne illness outbreaks;
- Develop training that will incorporate lessons learned from experienced food-borne illness investigators;
- Develop drills to assess and enhance staff skills;
- Develop assessment tools for the drills; and
- Assess effectiveness of the training.
Health Information Coordinator