AIDS United is offering hotel and travel scholarships for AIDSWatch 2018, held in Washington, DC from March 26-27, 2018 to educate Congress on HIV/AIDS and related policy and funding priorities. AIDSWatch is the largest annual national constituent-based advocacy event focused on HIV policy in the United States. The event draws hundreds of people living with HIV and their allies to Washington, DC for two days to educate Members of Congress and their staff about HIV. Participants will receive training on current science, legislative priorities, and how to conduct effective meetings with their elected representatives.
Scholarships will cover travel accommodations at Marriot Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC, along with airfare, train, or mileage reimbursement for transportation. Hotel rooms will be shared (two scholarship recipients in a double room) and participants will be responsible for all incidental costs at hotel, ground transport, and meals outside of AIDSWatch plenary meals (breakfast and lunch on March 26).
Below are criteria and considerations for applicants:
- Involvement of People Living with HIV: A minimum of 50% of scholarships are designated for people living with HIV.
- Geographic Diversity: Attendees from across the United States are encouraged to apply. Applicants must live 90 miles or more from Washington, DC to be considered for a travel and hotel scholarship.
- Prior Scholarship awards:
- Applicants who have previously been awarded scholarships for AIDSWatch, but did not attend all sessions of AIDSWatch are ineligible for scholarships in 2018.
- Applicants who have NOT received AIDSWatch scholarships in the past two years will receive higher priority for AIDSWatch scholarship.