News from NACCHO
- Researchers at George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health (Milken Institute SPH), in collaboration with NACCHO and ASTHO, have created a novel workforce estimator tool that will help state and local health departments determine the number of staff needed to effectively identify and trace people who have been in contact with new cases of COVID-19 and slow the spread of the virus.
- On May 5, NACCHO released new data documenting the impact of the COVID-19 response on important vector control programs that protect individuals from mosquito- and tick-borne diseases in communities across the country.
- NACCHO has updated the COVID-19 dashboard in our COVID-19 Data Lab to allow users to view the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases within the context of their county’s overall population, highlighting “hot spots” where the number of cases is high compared to the population. The data dashboard has also been updated for users to view the rise in confirmed cases within the last 30 days. Finally, data can now be viewed down to the Local Health Department jurisdictional boundary; however, please note that, particularly for city or multi-city health departments, data may not include accurate case counts in those states not reporting data to the zip code level. These updates offer more informative, meaningful insights into the current state of COVID-19 in local jurisdictions and can be used to inform official decisions on easing stay-at-home orders and re-opening local economies.
Guidance & News
- Policy for Coronavirus Disease-2019 Tests During the Public Health Emergency (Revised)
- Insight into FDA’s Revised Policy on Antibody Tests: Prioritizing Access and Accuracy
- Symptom-Based Strategy to Discontinue Isolation for Persons with COVID-19
- Discontinuation of Transmission-Based Precautions and Disposition of Patients with COVID-19 in Healthcare Settings (Interim Guidance)
- Key Strategies to Prepare for COVID-19 in Long-term Care Facilities (LTCFs) (includes a recorded webinar series)
- Federal Agencies Response Guidance Compilation
- CDC National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) - COVID-19 Module (allows hospitals and long-term care facilities to report critical information on healthcare personnel and supply shortages, enabling state and local health departments to direct prompt action to facilities need assistance
- HHS/ASPR - GeoHealth Dashboard (secure, GIS-based, interactive mapping tool that will help integrate and operationalize phased re-opening)
- FDA - Fact Sheet: Antibody Test Oversight and Use for COVID-19
- American Heart Association - Data Visualization Tool: County-Level Characteristics Related to Increased Risk for Severe COVID-19 Complications
- CDC - Healthcare Personnel and First Responders: How to Cope with Stress and Build Resilience During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- NIHCM: Food Insecurity & Growing Concerns During COVID-19 (May 11, 2:00-3:00pm ET)
- U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions: COVID-19: Safely Getting Back to Work & School (May 12, 10:00am ET)
- Immunization Action Coalition: Developing COVID-19 Vaccines in Record Time: Platforms & Partnerships for Prevention (May 12, 1:00-2:00pm ET)
- Bipartisan Policy Center: COVID-19 Food Summit (May 12, 2:00-3:30pm ET)
- Rural Health Information Hub: Rural Health and COVID-19 (May 12, 4:00-5:00pm ET)
- APHA/National Academy of Medicine: Toward the ‘New Normal’ — Protecting Public Health as America Reopens (May 13, 5:00-6:30pm ET)
- NACCHO Model Aquatic Health Code Network: Healthy & Safe Swimming at Public Aquatic Venues During COVID-19 (May 22, 1:00-2:00pm ET)