NACCHO, with support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) Division of Human Development and Disability, is pleased to provide funding for the Strengthening Disability Inclusion Efforts within Local Health Departments demonstration site project. The goal of this project is to enhance local capacity to meet the needs of people with disabilities within health department programs, policies, and services.
NACCHO will make up to 2 awards available to local health departments (LHDs) with awards up to $15,000 each.
Funded LHDs will be expected to undertake the following activities:
- Complete required trainings, including NACCHO’s Health and Disability 101 training;
- Participate in project kick-off and closeout calls with grantees and NACCHO;
- Develop an action plan that will provide goals, objectives, and activities to advance disability inclusion within the LHD jurisdiction;
- Establish and maintain partnerships across public health and organizations that serve people with disabilities to address the health needs of disability communities;
- Participate in one-on-one capacity building technical assistance calls with NACCHO staff to review progress of action plan and share lessons learned and practices;
- Participate in evaluation-related activities to track and measure progress towards expressed outcomes; and
- Complete a final report detailing successes, challenges, and lessons learned.
LHDs will be required to collaborate with at least one disability service organization to better understand the health needs of the disability community within their jurisdiction.
View the request for applications.
To learn more about applying, NACCHO hosted an optional informational webinar for potential applicants on November 30, 2021 at 1:00 pm ET. Click here for the webinar recording.
- Application submission deadline: December 20, 2021 by 5:00PM PT.
- Anticipated award notification: January 5, 2022.
For more information or questions, email [email protected].
To learn more about NACCHO’s Health and Disability work, visit this webpage.