Washington, DC, August 11, 2020 —The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), the voice of the country’s nearly 3,000 local health departments, is proud to announce the 2021-2022 election results for NACCHO Officers and Board of Directors. The following public health leaders began their term as NACCHO officers on July 1, 2021:
- Lisa Macon Harrison, MPH, Local Health Director of Granville Vance Public Health in North Carolina became President.
- Margaret (Margy) Jahn, MS, MPH, Health Officer of Freehold Area Health Department in New Jersey became President-elect.
- Pramod Dwivedi, DrPH (c), MS, MSW, MA, BSc, Public Health Director of Linn County Public Health in Iowa became Vice President.
- Jennifer Kertanis, MPH, Director of Health of the Farmington Valley Health District in Connecticut, became the Past President.
As the governing body, the Board of Directors establishes NACCHO’s strategic direction and initiatives, ensures that annual goals are met, sets the annual legislative agenda, and provides financial oversight. The Board is NACCHO’s public face and represents its members in matters of policy, public health practice, and collaboration with health partners in the public and private sectors.
The complete list of the NACCHO Board of Directors follows:
- Damon Chaplin, MBA, Health Director, City of New Bedford, MA; HHS Region 1: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT
- Region 2 Board Member - OPEN
- Michael Kilkenny, MD, MS, Physician Director, Cabell-Huntingdon Health Department, WV; HHS Region 3: PA, DE, MD, DC, VA, WV
- Joey Smith, Public Health Director, Montgomery County Health Department; HHS Region 4: NC, SC, KY, TN, GA, AL, MS, FL
- Gretchen Musicant, RN, MPH, Commissioner, Minneapolis Health Department, MN; HHS Region 5: OH, IN, MI, IL, WI, MN
- Katherine Wells, MPH, Director of Public Health, City of Lubbock Health Department, TX; HHS Region 6: AR, LA, TX, OK, NM
- Region 7 Board Member - OPEN
- Renae Moch, MBA, FACMPE, Public Health director Bismarck-Burleigh Public Health, ND; HHS Region 8: ND, SD, CO, WY, MT, UT
- Region 9 Board Member – OPEN
- Andre Fresco, MPA, Administrator, Yakima Health District, WA; Clarksville, TN; HHS Region 10: ID, OR, WA, AK
At Large Representatives
- Kim Engel, MBA, Health Director, Panhandle Public Health District, NE
- Philip Huang, MD, MPH, Director/Health Authority, Dallas County Health and Human Services, TX
- Robert Kirkpatrick, MS, Executive Director, Milam County Health Department, TX
- Patrick McGough, DNP, MSHR, RN, CHA, Chief Executive Officer, Oklahoma City-County Health Department, OK
- Alan Melnick, MD, MPH, CPH, Public Health Director/Health officer, Clark County Public Health, WA
- Lisa Pivec, MS, Senior Director of Public Health, Cherokee Nation Public Health, OK
Ex Officio Members
- Blaire Bryant, MPH, National Association of Counties
- Dalen Harris, U.S. Conference of Mayors
# # #
The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) represents the nation’s nearly 3,000 local governmental health departments. These city, county, metropolitan, district, and tribal departments work every day to protect and promote health and well-being for all people in their communities. For more information about NACCHO, please visit www.naccho.org.