Washington, DC, August 31, 2020 —The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) is proud to announce the 2020-2021 election results for NACCHO Officers and Board of Directors. The following public health leaders began their term as NACCHO officers on July 1, 2020:
- Jennifer Kertanis, MPH, Director of Health of the Farmington Valley Health District in Connecticut, became President.
- Sandra Elizabeth Ford, MD, MBA, District Health Director of Dekalb County Health Department in Georgia, became President-Elect.
- Lisa Macon Harrison, MPH, Local Health Director of Granville Vance Public Health, became Vice President.
- George T. Roberts, Jr., MHA, FACHE, Chief Executive Officer of the Northeast Texas Public Health District in Texas, became Past President.
An additional three board members were elected to serve on the board’s Executive Committee joining the four officers. They are elected by their Board colleagues to this small governing body that helps guide the board over the course of the year. They are:
- Kim Engel, MBA, Health Director, Panhandle Public Health District Hemingford, NE
- Philip Huang, MD, MPH, Director/Health Authority, Dallas County Health and Human Services Dallas, TX
- Margaret (Margy) Jahn, MS, MPH, Health Officer, Freehold Area Health Department in New Jersey
As the governing body, the Board of Directors establishes NACCHO’s strategic direction and initiatives, ensures that annual goals are met, sets the annual legislative agenda, and provides financial oversight. The Board is NACCHO’s public face and represents its members in matters of policy, public health practice, and collaboration with health partners in the public and private sectors.
The complete list of the NACCHO Board of Directors is noted below.
- Damon Chaplin, MBA, City of New Bedford, MA
HHS Region 1: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT
- Margaret (Margy) Jahn, MS, MPH,
Freehold Area Health Department, NJ
HHS Region 2: NY, NJ
- Michael Kilkenny, MD, MS, Cabell-Huntingdon Health Department, WVHHS Region 3: PA, DE, MD, DC, VA, WV
- Joey Smith, Public Health Director, Montgomery County Health Department
HHS Region 4: NC, SC, KY, TN, GA, AL, MS, FL
- Gretchen Musicant, RN, MPH, Minneapolis Health Department, MN
HHS Region 5: OH, IN, MI, IL, WI, MN
- Raganald (Reggie) Ivey, MHR, Tulsa City-County Health Department, OK
HHS Region 6: AR, LA, TX, OK, NM
- Pramod Dwivedi, DrPH (c), MS, MSW, MA, BSc, Linn County Public Health, IA
HHS Region 7: MO, NE, IA, KS
- Emily Brown, MPH, CPH, Rio Grande County Public Health, CO
HHS Region 8: ND, SD, CO, WY, MT, UT
- Cameron Kaiser, MD, MPH, FAAFP, Public Health Officer, Riverside University Health System, Public Health , Riverside, CA
HHS Region 9: AZ, NV, CA, HI
- Andre Fresco, MPA, Yakima Health District, WA
HHS Region 10: ID, OR, WA, AK
At Large Representatives
- Kanzoni N. Asabigi, PhD, MD, MPH, MBA, CPH, Senior Public Health Advisor, Detroit Health Department, MI
- Christopher Dobbins, MPH, Gaston County Department of Health & Human Services, NC
- Kim Engel, MBA, Health Director, Panhandle Public Health District, NE
- Philip Huang, MD, MPH, Director/Health Authority, Dallas County Health and Human Services, TX
- Karen Koenemann, MA, MAT, Public Health Director, Pitkin County, Aspen, CO
- Scott Sjoquist, MS, RS, Mohegan Tribe, CT
Ex Officio Members
- Blaire Bryant, MPH, National Association of Counties
- Dalen Harris, U.S. Conference of Mayors
# # #
The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) represents the nation’s nearly 3,000 local governmental health departments. These city, county, metropolitan, district, and tribal departments work every day to protect and promote health and well-being for all people in their communities. For more information about NACCHO, please visit www.naccho.org.