The National Coalition of Sexual Health (NCSH) recently released Sexual Health and Your Patients: A Provider’s Guide to help primary care providers better integrate sexual health conversations and recommended preventive sexual health services into routine patient visits. Developed by the Health Care Action Group, the guide features tables and charts to help providers easily find key information, and was pretested with primary care providers. By using this guide, providers can:
- Streamline their sexual history-taking by asking a few essential questions
- Increase their delivery of recommended preventive sexual health services
- Improve care for LGBT patients
- Be better prepared to discuss sexual health topics and answer patient questions
- Become more knowledgeable about sexual health
NACCHO encourages our members and colleagues to share this guide with providers in your jurisdictions and communities. You can use the below resources to easily spread the word:
- Promotional Postcard. Features two versions, including a co-brandable postcard with blank space for your agency or organization’s logo, that can be printed and distributed.
- Promotional Toolkit. Includes sample text for a newsletter or email announcement, as well as sample social media posts for Twitter and Facebook.
Visit NCSH’s website for more information about the guide.