NACCHO, with support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is pleased to provide funding for the Equipping Local Health Departments to Address Vaccine Hesitancy project.
The goal of this project is to provide LHDs with the resources to address vaccine hesitancy in at-risk populations or un/under-vaccinated communities. This will include placing one consultant staff in the LHD dedicated to addressing vaccine hesitancy and misinformation, building partnerships with other local organizations, and identifying areas of need to improve vaccine confidence.
The selected LHD host sites will be expected to undertake the following activities with completion by July 31, 2021:
- Serve as a host site and partner with NACCHO to on-board one consultant staff member specifically hired to initiate/continue LHD activities to promote vaccine confidence and contain vaccine misinformation within the local jurisdiction
- Upon notice of selection, submit a Letter of Commitment to NACCHO agreeing to complete the project activities and deliverables specified in the application
- Identify a LHD staff person to whom the one consultant staff member will directly report
- Plan, organize, direct, and coordinate the consultant staff member’s activities and assignments including, but not limited to, those stated below:
- Implement LHD efforts to identify at-risk communities, better understand barriers to increasing vaccine confidence, and conduct communication campaigns aimed at combatting vaccine misinformation
- Develop one workplan detailing the goals, objectives and timeline that will guide the consultant staff member’s efforts and activities
- Collaborate and partner with other organizations to improve education and outreach to at-risk communities impacted by vaccine hesitancy and misinformation
- Participate in peer sharing and technical assistance calls facilitated by NACCHO to review progress of planned activities and share practices and lessons learned
- Participate in assessment and evaluation-related activities to track and measure progress towards expressed outcomes
- Contribute at least one resource, tool or other best practice on addressing vaccine hesitancy to NACCHO’s communication platforms; and
- Complete a final report detailing the successes, challenges, and lessons learned.
- Application submission deadline: October 26, 2020 by 11:59 pm PT.
- Anticipated award notification: November 20, 2020.