With support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), NACCHO is pleased to offer a technical assistance and capacity-building opportunity that will provide LHDs with resources to address vaccine hesitancy across the lifespan for routine, influenza, COVID-19, and other vaccines. Selected LHDs will receive training, technical assistance, and other resources to address vaccine hesitancy and misinformation, build partnerships with other local organizations, and identify areas of need to improve vaccine confidence and uptake.
The deadline for submitting an application is October 24, 2022 @ 11:59 pm PT. NACCHO will share notice of awards on or around November 7, 2022. Selected LHDs will receive up to $100,000 to support the vaccine hesitancy project activities as listed below.
- Participate in virtual learning, technical assistance, and partnership activities to openly share challenges, results, and outcomes.
- Conduct CDC’s Rapid Community Assessment (RCA) to identify communities at-risk for low vaccine uptake, better understand the local community’s vaccine needs and decisions, identify areas of intervention, and prioritize potential intervention strategies. This is a critical element of the award and will require a substantial time commitment.
- Use the RCA results to develop and implement a project workplan outlining LHDs vaccine hesitancy goals, activities, partners, outcomes, and timelines.
- Participate in check-in calls facilitated by NACCHO to review the progress of planned activities and any major changes to the proposed workplan. Participants will include at least one representative from NACCHO and the awardee as well as any other stakeholders invited by the awardee.
- Participate in scheduled peer sharing and technical assistance calls facilitated by NACCHO to discuss emerging issues, lessons learned, and/or best practices with other project sites.
- Collaborate and partner with community organizations and stakeholders to improve education and outreach to identified communities impacted by vaccine hesitancy and misinformation.
- Contribute at least one resource, tool, or other best practice on addressing vaccine hesitancy to NACCHO’s communication platforms.
- Participate in evaluation activities and document project outcomes. Recipients will be expected to conduct the following activities:
- Participate in NACCHO’s evaluation and assessment activities conducted at baseline, mid-year, and project close.
- Submit a final report detailing the successes, challenges, and lessons learned from participation in the project.
- Designate one LHD main point of contact with whom NACCHO will directly communicate on all matters related to this project.
Interested in Applying?
Start now by reviewing the RFA instructions and application. The application instructions include greater detail about expectations, timeline, and how to submit a proposal for funding. Additionally, please feel free to review the blank application template and questions prior to starting your application.
- Optional informational webinar: An optional informational webinar for potential applicants was held on October 6, 2022, at 1:00 PM EST. View recording, slides, and FAQ document.
- Application submission deadline: October 24, 2022, by 11:59 pm PST
- Anticipated notice of award: On or around November 7, 2022
- Anticipated start of project period: November 7, 2022
- Anticipated end of project period: July 31, 2022. Contingent on CDC approving a no-cost extension, the project period of performance may continue (with a contract modification) beyond the specified contract end date.