Applications due Friday, February 25, 2022 at 5:00pm EST
NACCHO is seeking an eLearning business consultant to implement a process for meeting evolving eLearning needs, including the selection of a Learning Management System as well as the development of an eLearning business model.
NACCHO’s current learning management system, NACCHO University, utilizes Blue Sky eLearn’s Path LMS platform and houses a number of educational offerings from SCORM eLearning courses to recorded webinars that are aimed at local health department staff. The eLearning business consultant will work with NACCHO staff to design and implement an eLearning needs assessment and use those findings to make recommendations to consider the best fit for a learning management system moving forward – whether continuing with the existing platform, NACCHO University, or exploring other options.
To inform the LMS decision making, the consultant will also conduct a scan of current educational offerings and facilitate a process, along with the NACCHO team, to develop an eLearning strategy to help move NACCHO further into the virtual education space.
NACCHO is a membership association representing the nearly 3,000 local health departments across the United States. NACCHO’s vision is health, equity, and security for all people in their communities through public health policies and services. NACCHO’s mission is to improve the health of communities by strengthening and advocating for local health departments. For more information on NACCHO, please see www.naccho.org/about.
Contract and Budget
The selected consultant will enter into a fee-for-service contract with NACCHO to complete the activities and deliverables specific in the scope of work. The budget for this contract should not exceed $50,000. All deliverables under this contract will be the property of NACCHO.
Scope of Work
Performance Period: March 1, 2022 – July 31, 2022. The consultant will work on a fee-for-service contract using an invoice schedule that sets payments for appropriate deliverables over the course of the period of performance.
Intended audience: Recommendations provided from this work will be used by NACCHO to support our mission in strengthening local health departments
Activities/Deliverables: The 2 primary activities undertaken by the consultant are described below.
1. LMS selection: As NACCHO’s educational resources have grown in the virtual space, considerations for needs that extend past our current capacities need to be explored. The consultant will work with the NACCHO team to design and facilitate a process to determine current and aspirational needs around eLearning and make recommendations for platforms to meet those needs. Stakeholder from NACCHO and LHDs should be engaged in this process. Deliverable: Report that summarizes needs assessment findings and provides recommendations.
2. eLearning business strategy: The consultant will work with the NACCHO team to make recommendations for a business strategy that will position NACCHO as a strong provider of eLearning and virtual educational public health content. Consideration should be given to current capacities, aspirational future state, role of incentives such as CEUs, among others. Deliverable: Report that outlines the current and future state of eLearning at NACCHO and provides recommendations
To be considered, proposals must be in pdf format and include the following:
A. Cover Letter/Proposal that expresses interest and includes:
- A description of the approach proposed to address the activities above and meet the deliverables.
- A description of the consultant’s relevant experience
- A description of any other consultants or stakeholders that will be engaged in the work
- The name of primary staff and other significant contributors, including qualifications and role
B. Line-item budget that clearly outlines: a. Personnel (number of staff, percent effort to the project and salary wages or hourly fee)
- Funds to be provided to other consultants/stakeholders
- Other costs associated with the execution of the activities.
C. Project deliverables and timeline: a. A realistic workplan and timeline that includes expected deliverables that will be completed over a 5-month period (approximately March 2022 – July 2022)
D. CV/Resumes for all personnel listed in the budget and proposal
E. Links to or samples of relevant work
Submit the proposal to Ashley Edmiston, Director of Workforce and Leadership Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 25, 2022, no later than 5:00pm ET. Please use the subject line “eLearning Business Consultant”. NACCHO will confirm receipt of all applications within 2 business days, however confirmation of receipt does not guarantee verification of completeness.
Applications will be reviewed for the following information:
• Understanding of project purpose: Consultant has a clear understanding of project goals and activities.
• Scope of work: the proposed scope of work describes a clear, feasible, detailed, and supportable plan to effectively meet the goals of the project within an appropriate timeline and budget.
• Experience: Consultant and key staff have appropriate experience and expertise in eLearning technologies and business strategy.