The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) is seeking a qualified consultant to provide technical support and guidance to local health department awardees for the Addressing Needs of People with Disabilities in COVID-19 Local Preparedness Planning, Mitigation, and Recovery Efforts Project. The consultant will engage with NACCHO staff and awarded sites to provide tailored technical assistance on the inclusion of people with disabilities in emergency preparedness efforts, particularly within COVID-19 response activities. The consultant should have knowledge and experience within the disability and emergency public health preparedness field.
The Consultant will:
- Lead one-on-one technical assistance calls with all 10 local health department awardees. The expectation is that there will be a minimum of three (3) technical assistance calls with each awardee throughout the project period (February 2021-June 2022)
- Provide guidance to local health department awardees efforts to address the needs of people with disabilities in COVID-19 local public health preparedness, planning, mitigation and recovery efforts. Activities may include reviewing baseline assessment results to identify areas of improvement among COVID-19 response activities, providing feedback on local emergency response plans, and providing guidance on strengthening partnerships with local organizations that serve people with disabilities.
- Participate in at least four Disability Specialist Learning Community meetings in the 2021 project year (led by ASTHO).
- Lead three Disability Specialist Learning Community meetings (January-March 2022) on relevant project-related topics.
- Facilitate end of project virtual meeting (Spring 2022) with all awardees, CDC and NACCHO.
- Communicate progress of activities with NACCHO staff through monthly check-in calls (February 2021-June 2022)
- View the request for proposals.
- Application submission deadline: January 11, 2021 by 11:59 pm EST.
- Anticipated award notification: January 20, 2021.