NACCHO, with support from the CDC, is pleased to provide funding for the Identifying Care Gaps: Conducting Community Assessments to Improve the Chest/Breastfeeding Landscape in Historically Oppressed Communities project.
The purpose of this funding opportunity is to strengthen partnerships and conduct a community assessment related to chest/breastfeeding at the local level with the intent to utilize findings to improve chest/breastfeeding rates in oppressed communities with historically low rates of breastfeeding. Applicants are required to apply with 1-2 key partners to conduct assessments that identify needs and assets to strengthen continuity of care for chest/breastfeeding support. Together, the partners will conduct a community assessment and participate in two NACCHO-facilitated activities: early in the process, forces of change will allow the grantees to better understand contributing factors, barriers, and facilitators of success; and, upon the completion of data collection, identifying strategic priorities will allow grantees to utilize their results to drive change.
The selected applicants will be expected to undertake the following activities with completion by September 30, 2021:
- Participate in a kick-off call with NACCHO to occur the week of March 15, 2021
- Modify workplan, if necessary
- Participate in NACCHO-led forces of change activity
- Implement the workplan to complete the community assessments
- Collaborate with NACCHO to analyze data. Organizations are welcome to analyze data on their own, but NACCHO will also provide technical assistance for those with limited research and evaluation capacity
- Using analyzed data, participate in a NACCHO-led activity to identify strategic priorities
- Participate in monthly groups calls with all grantees and bi-monthly individual project check-in calls with NACCHO
- Submit a final deliverable in the form of a community assessment report with priorities identified
- Submit any tools or resources that were developed as part of this project (e.g., partnership assessments, photovoice projects, community lactation resource directory); and
- Submit slides for a final report-out webinar
The RFA package includes the Workplan, including Project Deliverables and Timeline; Budget Template; Certification of Non-Debarment; Consultant Contract Template; Vendor Form; and a blank W-9 form. ** Please contact [email protected] if you would like a budget template in a excel format or any document that you are unable to download from the application package.
For additional information, potential applicants are invited to attend an optional informational webinar. Please register here.
- Application submission deadline: March 2, 2021
- Awardees will be notified the week of March 8, 2021.