Collaboration with key partners will be crucial for COVID-19 vaccination distribution. Local health departments (LHDs) and pharmacies have often worked together to vaccinate their communities. Lessons learned and best practices can be leveraged for the delivery of a potential COVID-19 vaccination. NACCHO invites local health department leadership and staff to join the COVID-19 Vaccination Stories from the Field: Local Health Department & Pharmacy Partnerships webinar to hear from their peers about the collaboration occurring at the community level between public health departments and pharmacies to help ensure the efficient and equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccinations on Thursday, February 25 (3:00 – 4:30 pm EST).
The webinar objectives are to:
- Learn about the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program and how this will impact local COVID-19 vaccination distribution;
- Gain insights on lessons from local health departments and pharmacy partners on vaccination distribution; and,
- Engage local health departments and pharmacy partners on their partnership to ensure equitable allocation of COVID-19 vaccine.
This webinar is open to all members of local health departments as well as other community partners who are interested in this topic.
- Angela Guo, MPH, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Disease at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Christie R. Boutte, PharmD., RPh., Senior Vice President of State Strategic Affairs and Advocacy at the National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS)
- Barbara Banks‐Wiggins, MSA, Executive Director, Prince George’s Healthcare Alliance, MD
- Alison Mendoza-Walters, MPH, MBA, Health Planner, Prince George’s County Department of Health
In order to join the webinar, please REGISTER HERE (only registered participants will be able to join).