Join NACCHO and the Bay Area Regional Health Inequities Initiative (BARHII) on December 11, 2020 from 1:00 to 2:30 pm ET for “Keeping People Safe in Congregate Living Facilities during COVID-19.” This webinar focuses on the sharing of insights and lessons learned from responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and will call attention to associated equity issues that may disproportionately impact the health of congregate living facility residents, staff, and the surrounding community.
Following this webinar attendees will be able to:
- Discuss the impact that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on congregate living facilities and their surrounding communities.
- Describe the disparate health outcomes of urban and rural communities that hold connections with congregate living facilities.
- Recognize strategies being used by public health and its partners to tackle equity issues that have been exposed by COVID-19 response.
Panelists for this session include:
- Dr. Debra Bogen, MD, Director, Allegheny County Health Department and leadership from partner organizations including Pittsburgh Mercy, the City of Pittsburgh EMS, the Allegheny County Department of Human Services, and the Allegheny Health Network
- Nick Boukas, MPA, NE Regional Director, New Mexico Department of Health
- Chief Wendy Still, MAS, Chief Probation Officer, Alameda County Probation Department
- Dr. Matt Willis, MD, MPH, Public Health Officer, Marin Health and Human Services