As the coronavirus outbreak has spread throughout the United States and globally, our families, friends, neighbors, and communities have all had to adjust to a “new normal” and we’ve seen how the pandemic has widened existing inequities where we live, learn, work, and play. Now, more than ever, as many places look toward reopening, we need to acknowledge how deeply health and equity are intertwined in our society, and ask ourselves as we go forward: how can we work toward a more inclusive and equitable recovery for all?
To help answer this question, County Health Rankings is introducing a new webinar series, Health Equity and Social Solidarity in the Time of Pandemic: Strategies for COVID-19 Response and Recovery. This series will highlight the challenges communities are facing as they respond to COVID-19 and its impacts, and serve as an opportunity for community leaders across the nation to learn from lead researchers, policymakers and each other.
- Exploring Guaranteed Income as a Strategy to Address Income Inequality
Thursday, May 21 at 3pm ET
- COVID-19: Disproportionate Impact on Black Communities
Thursday, June 25 at 3pm ET
- COVID-19: Disproportionate Impact on Tribal Nations
Thursday, July 9 at 3pm ET
- US COVID-19 Mapping: Bridging Data with Historical Context
Tuesday, July 21 at 3pm ET
- Responding to Crisis in the Latino Population with an Equity Lens
Thursday, August 13 at 3pm ET