2018 Vector Control Summit
NACCHO is pleased to announce the 2018 Vector Control Summit, "Itching to Improve: Building Local Mosquito Control Capacity!" The event, to be held March 13 – 15, 2018, in Orlando, Florida, will be uniquely focused on building mosquito control capabilities in local jurisdictions.
According to NACCHO's recent comprehensive study on mosquito control capabilities in the United States, 84% of local vector control programs are in need of improvement in one of ten competency areas. The summit will convene local health departments, mosquito abatement districts, public works departments, and mosquito control experts, with the purpose of providing: technical assistance to local health departments and partner organizations that are focused on Zika response efforts and/or serving populations affected by Zika; opportunities to exchange successes and challenges shared by local vector control organizations around the country; and, forums for education and networking.
The event will feature:
- Speakers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, local vector control organizations, and other national environmental health organizations
- Peer-to-peer learning sessions, with the opportunity to submit your own tools and practices
- Training workshops for diverse sizes and styles of mosquito control jurisdictions
- Industry booths demonstrating types of mosquito control and surveillance technology
- Travel scholarship opportunities
The Summit will be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando Airport. Upon registration, attendees will be provided with a registration link and code to reserve a room. Room rates are $129/night.
5555 Hazeltine National Drive
Orlando, FL 32812