NACCHO seeks new members for its Membership Committee. Eligible applicants work at either a local or state health department, at a non-profit organization, or are an individual member/retiree. NACCHO is seeking applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds, geographic locations, experience, and organization size. Your organization’s membership or your individual membership must be active and current on dues. The term of membership is one year and ends June 30th, 2024.
Application Deadline: EOB Friday, September 29, 2023
The primary role of the committee is to provide input to the Board of Directors on a wide variety of membership activities and issues. Committee members are expected to actively participate, contribute, and provide feedback on, including but not limited to, the following:
- Expanding NACCHO membership and member benefits
- Outreach to NACCHO members to enhance membership and grow membership
- Assist membership staff with outreach to past-due members or former NACCHO members, reminding them of the benefits of NACCHO
- Provide recommendations to the NACCHO board on membership categories, dues, opportunities to increase retention and membership
- Participate in the development of regular surveys of membership satisfaction and suggestions for improvement of services
- Assist with planning and conduct of the new member breakfast at NACCHO360
- Make recommendations to the NACCHO Board for Committee Leadership succession in 2023-2024
The committee meets in-person during the annual NACCHO360 conference in July (partial financial assistance to attend will be provided). Members will participate in at least 60% of the Membership Committee’s monthly 1-hour Zoom meetings (meeting times will be established based upon a survey to determine the best time for the majority of members).
If you have any questions about the commitment or the work we are doing, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].