NACCHO offers many different training programs to help public health officials excel. Take a look at our list below for more information.
- Adaptive Leadership: Adaptive Leadership is a practical framework that helps individuals and organizations adapt and succeed in challenging environments. It increases the ability, both individually and collectively, to take on the gradual but meaningful process of change. NACCHO’s Adaptive Leadership Training program offers both e-learning and in-person opportunities to increase knowledge, skills, and abilities related to change management. Learn more
- Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP): NACCHO’s MAPP program offers communities training on implementing MAPP within their communities. MAPP is a community-owned strategic planning process that emphasizes multisector partnerships, community engagement and a health equity approach to public health planning and implementation. Learn more
- NACCHO Consulting: With a team of subject-matter experts and trained facilitators on staff, NACCHO has the capability to tailor and deliver training to meet the needs of your health department. For information on training offerings and pricing, please contact [email protected].
- NACCHO University: NACCHO University is a learning portal that connects local governmental public health professionals with virtual education and training. Learn more
- Performance Improvement (PI): NACCHO’s PI program encompasses topics including community health assessment and improvement planning and implementation, strategic planning, quality improvement, performance management and accreditation readiness activities. NACCHO’s offers training on each of these topic areas, and offers training on alignment different PI initiatives. Learn more
- Research and Evaluation: NACCHO’s Research and Evaluation staff offer trainings in survey/questionnaire design and development, program evaluation, and statistical research methods. For more information, please contact the R&E team. Learn more
- Roadmap to Ready: Roadmap to Ready is a yearlong training and mentoring program designed to help new preparedness coordinators at local health departments navigate the complex landscape of public health preparedness. Learn more
- Roots of Health Inequity Course: A free, web-based course that offers health department staff and other organizations a place to investigate the relationship between social injustice—the fundamental cause of health inequities—and everyday public health practice. Learn more
- Vector Control Summit Training: Offered in collaboration with the American Mosquito Control Association at the inaugural NACCHO Vector Control Summit, this training provided hands-on practice with integrated mosquito management and pesticide resistance testing. Learn more
If you have any questions about our training programs, contact [email protected].