Public health performance improvement is positive change in public health capacity, processes, or outcomes through the use of clear and aligned planning, monitoring, and improvement activities. Performance improvement relies on the use of evidence and continuous, formal activities that strengthen public health organizations and systems. It can occur and be measured at the system, organization, program, or employee level. The Performance Improvement team at NACCHO has expertise in the following areas:
- Performance management
- Quality improvement
- Community health assessment and improvement planning (CHA/CHIP)
- Workforce assessment and development planning
- Strategic planning
- Regular agency assessment against national standards
- Pursuit and maintenance of public health accreditation
- Change management
- Adaptive Leadership
NACCHO's Performance Improvement Team helps build the performance improvement capacity of health departments and their partners by providing tailored technical assistance including a wide range of tools, trainings, publications, and other resources, as well as opportunities for peer networking and learning.
Our vision is that local health departments are mission-driven, high-performing organizations with cultures of quality that achieve and celebrate excellence.
PI Compass is NACCHO's accreditation preparation and quality improvement e-newsletter. Through this e-newsletter we will share:
- Resources to prepare for accreditation and engage in quality improvement activities;
- Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) updates; and
- Opportunities to share and highlight your health department accreditation preparation efforts.
Please forward this information to your colleagues and partners, and encourage them to subscribe.
To subscribe, type your e-mail address into the box below and click "Submit."