Curriculum and Webinars
NACCHO's performance improvement (PI) curriculum is designed to help local health department (LHD) staff implement PI practices and standards within their health departments. This curriculum will allow staff to increase internal alignment and improve effectiveness in helping LHDs to optimize their understanding of PI and recognize its value, leading to improved LHD performance and overall public health practice.
- Characterize the local public health system and community context
- Demonstrate methods for communicating the value of PI to stakeholders
- Demonstrate methods for community member and partner engagement
- Demonstrate skills to manage PI in the community and agency
- Describe overarching PI concepts and connections
- Engage in accreditation preparation
- Implement comment health improvement planning process
- Use a performance management system to create a culture of quality improvement
The first unit of the curriculum is intended to provide a conceptual framework for performance improvement at the local level. After completing the courses, participants should be able to describe overarching performance improvement concepts.
Introduction to Performance Improvement for Local Health Departments
Cultivating a Culture of Quality
Accreditation for Local Health Departments
What is Strategic Planning and How Do I Prepare? [through NACCHO University]
Implementing a Strategic Planning Process [through NACCHO University]
Community Health Assessment & Improvement Planning:
NACCHO’s Quality Improvement (QI) and Accreditation Preparation Webinar Series provides periodic webinars as part of NACCHO's continued commitment to QI and preparing local health departments (LHDs) for national accreditation. This webinar series is funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.