Performance Improvement Literature
NACCHO’s Performance Improvement team makes it a priority to monitor and contribute to the latest public health performance improvement research and editorials in the field. The following publications, authored by NACCHO staff or relate to NACCHO PI programs, are geared toward public health practitioners offering peer reviewed research, the latest trends, and various field perspectives on the latest performance improvement happenings at the local, state, and national levels.
- CDC/NACCHO Accreditation Support Initiative: Advancing Readiness for Local and Tribal Health Department Accreditation
- Journal of Public Health Management & Practice. Issue Focus: Transforming Public Health Practice through Accreditation. (January/February 2014 – Volume 20 – Issue 1).
- Guiding the Way to Public Health Improvement: Exploring the Connections between the Community Guide’s Evidence-Based Interventions and Health Department Accreditation Standards.
- Making the Case for Accreditation
Community Health Assessment & Improvement Planning
- Sustaining a Quality Improvement Culture in Local Health Departments Applying for Accreditation
- Creating Quality Improvement Culture in Public Health Agencies
- An Accredited Local Health Department’s Use of the QI Roadmap to Build a Culture of Quality
- National Profile of Local Health Departments (NACCHO. 2016)
- Forces of Change (NACCHO, 2017)