The NACCHO Performance Improvement (PI) team has a wide range of expertise and extensive experience with providing PI related technical assistance (TA) to local health departments (LHDs). NACCHO staff are available to take ad-hoc TA requests via phone or e-mail.* Listed below are examples of common TA requests:
- Expert guidance/consultation –NACCHO staff can provide guidance or advice as you are engaging in PI processes. For example, LHDs may need strategies for gaining partnership buy-in during a community health improvement planning process, completing a QI project, or designing a strategic planning agenda.
- Peer-to-peer connections – With a multitude of LHD relationships and knowledge of PI activities across the field, our staff are well positioned to facilitate peer-to-peer connections, connecting LHDs working on similar PI goals or challenges.
- Identifying resources – As LHDs begin to implement PI processes, we can assist in directing you to the most relevant resources based on your needs.
- Accreditation documentation review – NACCHO staff may serve as an objective third party reviewer of your accreditation documentation, up to 2-3 hours of staff time. For example, we can provide feedback on strategic plans, community health assessments and improvement plans, QI plans, workforce development plans, or other documentation for the PHAB Standards and Measures.
*Please email email@example.com for TA requests and questions. There may be a fee associated with more in-depth TA. NACCHO is also available to provide in-depth, fee based consultation services including in-person trainings and facilitation of performance improvement processes. For more information, please see NACCHO consulting.
Featured Project: Strong Systems, Stronger Communities TA cohorts
The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), with support from the Center for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support within the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is pleased to offer a new technical assistance (TA) opportunity titled Strong Systems, Stronger Communities (SSSC) TA Cohorts.
The SSSC TA cohorts project will support local health departments (LHDs) in completing public health performance improvement projects through a tailored in-person and virtual training and TA program. The eight LHDs and communities selected to participate in the SSSC TA Project through a competitive process will utilize performance improvement methods to address the social determinants of health and improve population health through work in one of two categories:
- Quality improvement (QI) activities to improve population health
- Addressing the Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) through the community health improvement plan (CHIP)
Applications for the 2019 SSSC TA cohorts are now closed. For questions about the SSSC TA cohorts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The eight participating LHDs are:
Category 1: LHDs will complete the QI SAT 2.0 to assess the organization’s culture of quality and will implement a population health QI project.
- Amarillo Public Health, TX
- Durham County Department of Public Health, NC
- Milford Health Department, CT
- Siouxland District Health Department, IA
- Tri-County Health Department, CO
Category 2: LHDs in this category will conduct a gap analysis on one of the strategic priorities from their CHIP using the community health improvement matrix (CHIM) and will work to implement upstream strategies for addressing the priority.
- Public Health Solutions, NE
- Orange County Department of Health, NY
- City of St. Louis Department of Health, MO
Please check back in August 2019 to learn more about projects completed by LHDs participating in the first SSSC TA cohorts!