Workforce Development and Leadership Workgroup
The Workforce Committee guides the workforce, training, and leadership initiatives for NACCHO's members.
NACCHO’s Workforce and Leadership Development Committee provides recommendations, direction, and guidance to NACCHO’s Board of Directors and staff to facilitate NACCHO’s efforts to define, recruit, expand, diversify, develop and retain the public health workforce. It provides leadership, advocates for, and advises NACCHO and its partners on comprehensive, innovative workforce and leadership development policies and practices.
Committee activities have included:
- Recommend content and best practices for NACCHO leadership development programming.
- Enumerate the public health workforce.
- Offer feedback on workforce trends such as “emerging” professions (like community health workers) and decreases in clinical services offered by health departments.
- Contribute to the development of NACCHO’s eLearning policy and practices.
- Interface with partners such as the Association of State & Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO), the National Board of Public Health Examiners (NBPHE), the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB), and the Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE) to provide the “local perspective” on workforce research and interventions.
- Develop and update workforce-related policy statements.
- Review workforce-related Model Practice applications.
- Provide input to the Council on Linkages Between Academia and Public Health Practice.
- Connect with other NACCHO workgroups such as the Public Health Transformation Workgroup.
- Co-chair: Terry Brandenburg, MPH, CPH (Medical College of Wisconsin)
- Co-chair: Molly McNamara (Maricopa County Public Health)
- Dr. Cardra Burns, DBA, MPA, CLC (Mecklenburg County Public Health)
- Jennifer Harris, MPH (Lincoln County Health Department)
- Shelia Hiddleson, RN, MS (Delaware General Health District)
- Rodney Jenkins, MHA (Cumberland County Department of Public Health)
- Alisa Johnson, MA (Hennepin County)
- Jimena Loveluck, MSW (Washtenaw County Health Department)
- Carol Moehrle, RN (Public Health - Idaho North Central District)
- Tricia Mortell, RD, MPH (Public Health Division, Washington County Dept. of Health and Human Services)
- David Pia, MBA (Boston Public Health Commission)
- Elizabeth Ransopher, RS, MEP (Columbus Public Health)
- Veena Viswanathan, MPH (Austin Public Health)
Ashley Edmiston, MPH
Director, Workforce Development
Senior Program Assistant, Public Health Transformation