NACCHO's advisory groups are a primary and recognized vehicle for identifying the opportunities and challenges facing local health departments (LHDs) and the field at large. NACCHO members from all areas of public health come together to explore the many facets of the field and help NACCHO make the best decisions in serving its members, and local public health.
NACCHO will accept applications for the 2017 advisory groups and committees Monday, April 3-Friday, May 5, 2017. NACCHO invites LHD leaders and their staff to apply to help inform and guide NACCHO's projects. Lead by sharing your talents and expertise.
For more information about NACCHO's advisory groups, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advisory groups are made up of staff from LHDs around the country. NACCHO's advisory groups ensure that member input informs the organization's projects and priorities and work toward NACCHO's vision of "health, equity, and well-being for all people in their communities through public health policies and services."
NACCHO has four different types of advisory groups: executive committee, standing committees, committees, and workgroups. Each advisory group performs a certain role for the association. Their roles are as follows:
- Executive Committee conducts the ongoing affairs of the association between the meetings of the Board of Directors and periodically updates the board with a summary of the work it has done during the year. All executive committee members serve in the interest of the entire NACCHO membership.
- Standing Committees are responsible for ensuring NACCHO's effective operation as a membership association and enhancing NACCHO's infrastructure to achieve its mission.
- Committees work from a broad level to assure that NACCHO's work is aligned with the current strategic map. They also ensure coordination between workgroups with related content areas.
- Workgroups function at a more specific level and serve in an advisory capacity for NACCHO projects. Each workgroup reports to a relevant committee
- Ad-Hoc Workgroups function on an as needed basis, providing subject matter expertise and support to NACCHO Programs, Committees and Workgroups. These groups are can be created and dissolved at any time. Members do not serve official terms and their service is completed once the workgroup’s tasks are completed.
A list of NACCHO's Advisory Groups, along with their descriptions and the time commitments required to serve, is available here.
Each advisory group has a set list of roles and responsibilities outlining expectations for members, chairs, and liaisons.