In March 2021, CDC announced it is expanding the Operational Readiness Review (ORR) guidance to assess all-hazards readiness across all 15 public health emergency preparedness and response capabilities and has developed interim guidance that outlines the associated reporting requirements and evaluation criteria. The PHEP ORR guidance is organized into three sections: descriptive and demographic, planning, and operations. Each section provides information about specific elements, details on how to enter data, and how reviewers will evaluate submitted information.
CDC is conducting a series of PHEP Connects webinars designed to orient PHEP recipients to CDC’s PHEP ORR interim guidance, including new concepts and terminology. These sessions are intended to help prepare PHEP recipients to successfully complete an ORR over the course of Budget Period 3 (BP3). The first session was held on April 21, 2021. CDC expects to post the schedule for the remaining webinars in early May.
- PHEP ORR: Interim Guidance
- PHEP ORR: BP3 Implementation Fact Sheet
- PHEP Connects Webinar: PHEP ORR Interim Guidance Overview April 21, 2021
Important information for local planning jurisdictions:
- ORR submissions are waived for local planning jurisdictions for Budget Period 3 (BP3);
- Local evaluation will begin in Budget Period 4;
- Project Public Health Ready (PPHR): Local planning jurisdictions with current PPHR recognition may be exempt from Section 2: Evaluation of Plans (capability planning elements) of the ORR – States will designate any local exemptions via the Jurisdictional Structure Sheet (JSS).
- PHAB: States have the option to exempt local planning jurisdictions with current PHAB accreditation from Capability 13 review.
Recipients with questions about the interim guidance or fact sheet should contact their PHEP project officer or firstname.lastname@example.org.