On Wednesdays from June 5 through September 25, CDC experts will discuss a chapter of Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases (commonly known as the “Pink Book”), 13th edition, and answer viewers’ questions. Webinars will be archived and posted within two weeks following each live event. The webinar series will provide an overview of vaccines and the diseases they prevent, general best practice guidelines for immunization, vaccination principles, and immunization strategies for providers.
2019 Webinar Schedule and Archives
(All events begin at noon eastern time.)
- June 5 – Principles of Vaccination
- June 12 – General Best Practice Guidelines, Part 1
- June 19 – General Best Practice Guidelines, Part 2, and Vaccine Safety
- July 10 – Immunization Strategies
- July 17 – Vaccine Storage and Handling and Administration and Vaccine Administration
- July 24 – DTaP/Tdap
- July 31 – Rotavirus and Hepatitis A
- August 7 – Meningococcal Vaccines
- August 14 – Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- August 21 – Polio and Hib
- August 28 – Varicella and Zoster
- September – 4 Hepatitis B
- September – 11 HPV
- September 18 – Pneumococcal Vaccines
- September 25 – Influenza
Advance registration is required to participate. Registrants will receive an e-mail with instructions for accessing the webinar no later than the morning of the scheduled event. Note that when you sign up, you will be registered for all remaining webinars. Should you wish to opt out of future webinar events, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendance for each live webinar is limited to 1,500 registrants. We advise registrants to log in early before each webinar begins to secure a virtual “seat.” If you miss the live event, you can watch the archived version when it is posted later on CDC’s website.
Continuing education will be available for each event.