DEADLINE EXTENDED: January 29, 2021
NACCHO, with support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is pleased to provide funding for the Supporting Local Health Departments to Increase Vaccine Uptake through COVID-19 project.
The goal of this project is to support LHDs and local efforts to maintain and increase immunization coverage levels of routinely recommended vaccines including influenza, as well as protect vulnerable communities during the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. NACCHO will do this by identifying needs of LHDs to reach and protect at-risk or vulnerable populations and will collaborate and coordinate with partners at the national, state, and local level to provide capacity building and technical assistance, training, information sharing, and material development to strengthen public health.
The selected LHDs will be expected to undertake the following activities with completion by July 31, 2021:
- Participate in scheduled (i.e. monthly or bi-monthly) calls with NACCHO to monitor project progress, facilitate information exchange among peers, and receive technical assistance. Technical assistance may include facilitating connections between demonstration sites and partners, identifying subject matter experts, providing training opportunities to LHD staff, and/or providing activity planning and implementation support;
- Implement project approach and activities as outlined in the applicant’s workplan;
- Partner with NACCHO to develop new or update existing resources addressing the importance of vaccine uptake for routine, influenza, and/or COVID-19 vaccines;
- Collaborate with national partners and other stakeholders representing at-risk or vulnerable populations (e.g., those representing racial or ethnic populations) and sectors (e.g., schools, faith-based institutions) critical for supporting immunization efforts;
- Participate in project assessment activities to further knowledge of needs and gaps related to local immunization efforts; and
- Submit an end-of-project report.
View the Request for Application (RFA) for full details about this project. For additional information, potential applicants were invited to attend an optional informational webinar. View the webinar slides, the webinar presentation, and FAQ document.
- Application submission deadline: January 29, 2021
- Anticipated award notification: February 1, 2021, but date may be extended, due to extended application deadline.