On July 7, the National Vaccine Advisory Committee announced the release of the Annual Report of the State of the National Vaccine Plan (2014). It features accomplishments across the vaccination system in regards to development, safety, communications, access and global vaccination, and reflects new opportunities and challenges presented by the 21st century immunization landscape.
This report includes updates about the following goals:
- Goal 1: Details about the discovery and creation of new vaccines
- Goal 2: Information about advancing vaccine safety
- Goal 3: Insight on communications efforts enhancing informed decision-making
- Goal 4: Examples of work expanding access to vaccines
- Goal 5: Summaries of global immunization activities