On June 13, 2019, a joint HHS/CDC/NIH/FDA webinar was held, focused on emerging issues in tickborne diseases.
- Dr. Paul Mead, CDC—Welcome and introduction
- Denise Bonilla, USDA/APHIS—Update on the Asian longhorned tick (H. longicornis)
- Dr. William Nicholson, CDC—Alpha-gal allergy following tick bite: What do we really know?
- Dr. Kevin Esvelt, MIT—Mice against ticks: A community-guided effort to prevent Lyme disease via gene editing
- Dr. Ben Beard, CDC—National Strategy for vector-borne diseases