NACCHO has been releasing bi-weekly blogs consisting of an up-to-date collection of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) resources for our members working at the intersection of environmental health and COVID-19. See past resource roundups here.
Events and Resources from NACCHO and Partners
- Request for LHD Vaccination Plans: The COVID-19 vaccination rollout is a historic public health initiative, and while we know that states submitted plans to CDC in October 2020, NACCHO is interested in and working to collect and compile LHD COVID-19 vaccination plans. If your LHD has developed either a formal plan or has an informal vaccination plan that you would be willing to share, we would greatly appreciate it. NACCHO would like to review these and further share common practices and highlight any innovative plans for vaccination distribution and allocation. Please email the plans to [email protected].
- We Stand with Public Health : NACCHO and The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health are pleased to invite you to watch a special “We Stand with Public Health” webcast featuring introductory remarks from the new director of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Rochelle Walensky, MD, MPH emphasizing the importance of public health and testimonials from state and local public health officials across the country about the pressures, harassment and threats that they are facing. NACCHO together with the Association of State and Territorial Officials and the Big Cities Health Coalition offer a call to action for us to come together to protect state and local public health officials, revitalize our public health system and acknowledge the critical work of public health. Stand with Public Health. Speak Out. Endorse the call to action.
- NACCHO continues to seek tools/resources around efficiencies to do routine inspections/follow-up calls regarding enteric disease work during COVID-19 and/or other emergencies! To submit a resource to the Toolkit, please email [email protected].
From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- COVID-19 Partner Update Call: March 8, 2021 at 3 PM ET
- Topic: Expanding the COVID-19 Vaccination Toolbox: An Update on Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen Vaccine EUA and New Federal Vaccination Programs
- Registration Link: https://www.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_Vk409NI6SRGsIqTCqecE4A
- CDC Speakers
- Dr. Cynthia Ogden, Science Officer in Support of the Chief Medical Officer, CDC COVID-19 Emergency Response
- Dr. Amanda Cohn, Chief Medical Officer of the CDC COVID-19 Vaccine Task Force and Executive Secretary for the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
- Nora Spencer-Loveall, Deputy for Partnerships and Risk Management, CDC COVID-19 Emergency Response (Moderator)
- Please email [email protected] with “Partner Call 3/8” in the subject line to get your questions in for Q/A.
- Dr. Cynthia Ogden will share updates on CDC’s COVID-19 response, including the latest scientific information and what everyone should know about protecting themselves and others. Dr. Cohn will provide an update on Janssen vaccine and upcoming federal vaccination programs.
- Check out CDC’s updated guidance on ventilation in:
- CDC’s Cleaning, Disinfection, and Hand Hygiene in Schools – a Toolkit for School Administrators.
From the California Childcare Health Program
- A new Health and Safety Note and Infographic on Ventilation in Early Care and Education Programs is now available here: https://cchp.ucsf.edu/sites/g/files/tkssra181/f/HealthyAir_Note_02-21.pdf.
From Clean Away COVID
- SPREAD THE WORD. NOT THE VIRUS: A Comprehensive Public Service Campaign: The campaign was developed to provide families with important and timely information about keeping their home environments safe and clean during the pandemic. The Clean Away COVID campaign offers various resource materials at no cost to WIC, local and state health agencies, schools, non-profits, community and faith organizations and other groups serving families in their region. Individuals and families are welcome to download the materials at no cost.
From the Children’s Environmental Health Network (CEHN)
Join CEHN on March 11, 2021 and March 18, 2021 from 1pm-2pm ET/10am-11am PST for a webinar series on how to safely clean, sanitize, and disinfect AND improve ventilation in childcare settings during the COVID-19 pandemic. Attendees will learn the latest science-based recommendations and strategies for keeping children and staff safe.
- March 11th webinar registration link: https://aap.webex.com/aap/onstage/g.php?MTID=e4fd72307ca352df9b7c23c336e81e864
- March 18th webinar registration link: https://aap.webex.com/aap/onstage/g.php?MTID=e70a4319d57f8dfdcb681e036167ccf58
- Target Audience: Child Care Providers, Directors, Owners, Licensors, Nurse/Health Consultants, Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) Administrative staff and Child Care Trainers.
From the National Academies of Sciences
- New Guidance: Strategies for Emergency Evacuation and Sheltering during the COVID-19 Pandemic: This guidance, produced by the Societal Experts Action Network (SEAN) of the National Academies, explores how research on evacuation behavior, social responses to disaster, and risk communication can be applied to emergency management in the era of COVID-19.
From the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- COVID-19 Update: USDA, FDA Underscore Current Epidemiologic and Scientific Information Indicating No Transmission of COVID-19 Through Food or Food Packaging
- COVID-19 Vaccination & the Food and Agriculture Sector: This webpage has information for the food and agriculture sector about the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines authorized for emergency use by the FDA, the benefits of COVID-19 vaccination, and information about the availability of vaccines in your community.
- [Webinar] COVID-19 Vaccine Q&A with the FDA & CDC: Please join the Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, Vaccinate Your Family, the Association of Immunization Managers, the National Association of City and County Health Officials, and Trust for America’s Health on Friday, March 5, at 11:00 am EST as we host a Q&A with FDA Acting Commissioner Janet Woodcock, Director of the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research Dr. Peter Marks, and CDC Leadership about the COVID-19 vaccine, emerging COVID-19 variants, and the Emergency Use Authorization of the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine (vote to take place 2/26/2021)
Meeting ID: 893 6440 7656
One tap mobile
+16465588656„89364407656# US (New York)
+13017158592„89364407656# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 893 6440 7656
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcHeUioCsf
- Webinar: Air flow/ventilation and close contact in the food sector (Thursday March 4, 12pm-1pm ET)
- Description: Food sector community members are invited to engage with public health and air flow experts to discuss challenges and strategies to mitigate air flow risks and close contact transmission in food settings. Panelists will each present briefly and then a Q&A session will follow.
- Visit go.ncsu.edu/fcnwebinar_ventilation to register.
See any EH and COVID-19 categories missing on this bi-weekly blog? Let us know by emailing [email protected]. Continue to check back with NACCHO’s Essential Elements for COVID-19 and local health resources.