As we countdown to NACCHO360 in Atlanta, GA, we wanted to raise an exciting opportunity for local health officials. We are partnering with Climate for Health and ecoAmerica to offer an interactive conference workshop on Tuesday, July 19 from 7:30 am -12 pm ET. The Climate for Health Ambassadors Training will cover the links between climate and health, explore the spectrum of solutions to climate change, review ways we can speak effectively on the topic, and leverage opportunities to act and advocate.
As we witness and experience climate impacts on our health, livelihoods, and communities, people are increasingly looking for guidance on climate solutions from trusted health leaders.
This interactive training will equip health professionals with the knowledge, resources, and support to speak and act confidently on climate change and solutions. Participants will be able to empower their colleagues, associations, constituents, the public, and policymakers in making a change on climate solutions that help protect the health of our families and communities now, and ensure a prosperous, just, and secure future.
- Section 1: The Health Case for Climate Action, Climate Science Overview
- Section 2: Impacts to Health, Health Equity, Climate Solutions and Benefits
- Section 3: Communicating on Health and Climate, Advocacy and Engagement
Upon completion of the training, NACCHO members are invited to join the Ambassador program and receive a Climate for Health Ambassador certificate.
Joining gives you access to:
- Tools, resources and events to act and advocate for climate solutions.
- Access to a private online community of Ambassadors from across the nation who are passionate about being a voice for climate solutions.
- Quarterly calls with all Climate for Health Ambassadors.
This online community is for sharing and collaboration, and is also where you will access the support and resources for the Climate for Health Ambassador program including the slides from the training and talking points to use in your own climate action. Learn more here.
To sign up for the training and to receive additional information, please express your interest by clicking here.