This year, NACCHO has awarded scholarships to 4 disease intervention specialists (DIS) from local health departments to join us in the Washington, DC area and participate in the STD Engage conference in November 2019. STD Engage is a national meeting that brings together state and local STD program professionals, as well as others who work in sexual health, and their partners and allies. We believe that this conference is an important one for DIS to attend to share and learn from each other and others in the field.
This year, our scholarship recipients are:
- Alonza Pamplin, Wake County Health Services, North Carolina
- Anne Eakes, Rutherford County Health Department, Tennessee
- Nancy L. Mangieri, Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community, Arizona
- Malachi Stewart, DC Department of Health, Washington DC
The following additional DIS received scholarships from NCSD:
- Sarah Boop, Washington County Health Department, Tennessee
- Crystal Keeling, Oklahoma State Department of Health
- Teresa Hampton, South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
- Alton Murray, Chatham Care Center, Savannah GA
- Ana Garzon, Florida Department of Health
- Aixa Irizarry, Puerto Rico Department of Health
Keep an eye out after the conference for updates from the recipients on their experiences at the conference and what they learned!