The grant portal for Year 3 of the NEHA-FDA Retail Flexible Funding Model Grant Program is now open! Get ready with your plans to tackle your next Standard.
This annual funding opportunity supports state, local, tribal, and territorial retail food regulatory programs to meet FDA’s Voluntary National Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards (Retail Program Standards).
Retail food safety programs can apply for a base grant (through one of two tracks) and up to three additional add-on grants (for Track 2 applicants and Track 3 grantees).
Consider applying for:
- A Track 1 Development Base Grant with options to be a mentee and/or attend a SA VA workshop.
- A Track 2 Development Base Grant with options to be a mentee, work on Standard 9, and/or attend Retail training courses.
- Optional Add-On Grants:
- In addition to the options above, Track 2 applicants may also apply to be a mentor (instead of a mentee), and/or apply for a Special Projects Grant.
- Existing Track 3 Maintenance and Advancement Base Grantees may apply to be a mentor or a mentee, request funds for Retail training courses, and/or apply for a Special Projects Grant.
Changes for Year 3: You gave feedback - we listened!
- Track 1 and Track 2 Development Base Grants now have combined applications that include options to request Mentee and Track-Appropriate Training funds (both are now 3-in-1 applications).
- Track 1 and 2 Base, Mentee, and Mentor funding are now fixed-amount awards for 2024, with payments based on objectives met (no receipts required for reimbursement).
The grant portal closes on October 11!
Learn more at: neha.org/retail-grants
Funded by the NEHA-FDA Retail Flexible Funding Model Grant Program, Supported by the FDA under award U2FFD007358.