An informational webinar for this opportunity was held on Monday, October 23, from 3pm-4pm ET. The webinar recording can be viewed here.
A PDF of the FAQ document referenced in the webinar can be viewed here.
The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), with support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Center for Forecasting and Outbreak Analytics, is announcing a new RFP for a consultant or consulting firm to assist NACCHO with providing Technical Assistance to selected LHDs to strengthen capacity to integrate forecasting and analytical tools into infectious disease outbreak planning and response. This funding opportunity is open for all non-profit and for-profit entities with subject matter expertise in disease forecasting and analytics.
Specifically, the consultant will provide technical assistance to support LHDs in the following areas:
- To assess the current response capabilities and readiness of the LHD in the area of disease forecasting and analytics.
- To identify strengths and opportunities for improvement in the department’s existing infrastructure, processes, and skill sets.
- To seek opportunities to enhance preparedness planning and response capabilities for LHDs through the use of forecasting methods and data analytics tools.
- To develop a training plan to enhance LHD preparedness planning and response capabilities through the use of forecasting methods and data analytics tools; and
- To develop a framework for ongoing monitoring, assessment, and improvement of the department’s disease forecasting and analytics capabilities.
The project will involve implementing tools and methodologies to enable LHDs to proactively predict and analyze disease outbreaks, thereby improving public health response and mitigating the impact of infectious diseases.
Prospective funding recipients can learn more about the opportunity here and submit their completed application to [email protected] by the application deadline of October 31, 2023, 11:59 PM ET. NACCHO will notify awardees on November 15, 2023, with an anticipated contract start date of December 1, 2023. The contract will conclude on June 30, 2024.
If you have questions about this opportunity, please contact NACCHO’s Informatics Team at [email protected].