NACCHO’s new Global Health team works to increase the bidirectional sharing of global health approaches and provide opportunities for U.S. LHDs to adopt and adapt solutions from around the globe to address challenging health issues that they are experiencing in their own communities.
With support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), NACCHO is accepting applications to initiate or enhance non-specialist mental health and substance use disorder (SUD) programs by using a proven global approach. The objectives for this program are to:
- Provide LHDs with tools with which to better prepare for and respond to existing and emerging mental health and SUD needs within their community, using WHO’s inventory of available mental health resources.
- These systems will focus specifically on how to use non-specialists (i.e. community health workers or medical reserve corps volunteers) to provide necessary care.
- Assist LHDs in creating a detailed plan on how to integrate WHO-informed sustainable solutions to the unique mental health needs of their community into their existing systems.
This funding opportunity is open to LHDs with an interest in adapting global public health approaches and who want to improve mental health and SUD in their communities. Interested applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Interest in addressing mental health or SUD challenges in the community, particularly if there has been an increase during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A demonstrated background in training to share workshop lessons with staff and effectively carry out their implementation plan.
- An interest and basic understanding of the value that global health approaches can bring to a health department
View the Request for Applications for full details on the project. Additionally, an informational webinar will be hosted for potential applicants on November 18, 2020 from 1:00-2:00 pm EST. (Link: https://naccho.zoom.us/j/92057546715)
- The deadline to submit applications is December 1st, 2020 11:59pm Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
- Proposals should be submitted as a single PDF in an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Global-Local RFA Submission”
- Anticipated award notification: December 15, 2020
For more information or questions, please email Emily Yox at firstname.lastname@example.org