NACCHO offers custom technical assistance programs to help focus on improving capabilities at a local level.
- Administrative Preparedness: NACCHO defines administrative preparedness as the ability to modify, streamline, and accelerate legal authorities and procedures for contracting, procurement, hiring and reassignment of staff during an emergency. NACCHO collaborates with local health departments to provide practical guidance, tools, resources, and technical assistance to support local health departments plan, implement, and evaluate their administrative preparedness capabilities. Learn more
- Health and Disability: NACCHO provides technical assistance on the topics of emergency preparedness planning and health promotion programming for people with disabilities. Learn more
- Health in All Policies: NACCHO defines Health in All Policies as a change in systems that determine how decisions are made and implemented at the local, state, and federal level. Learn more
- Healthcare-Associated Infections: NACCHO is providing technical assistance to demonstration projects with three local health departments to increase their capacity in preventing HAIs, combatting antimicrobial resistance, and improving antimicrobial stewardship in their communities. Learn more
- Performance Improvement: NACCHO's Performance Improvement Team helps build the performance improvement capacity of health departments and their partners by providing tailored technical assistance including a wide range of tools, trainings, publications, and other resources, as well as opportunities for peer networking and learning. Learn more
- Responding to HIV, STIs, and Viral Hepatitis – NACCHO provides capacity-building technical assistance to support local health department practices, policies, and partnerships to end the HIV epidemic through the implementation of high-impact HIV prevention, reduce new STIs and facilitate access to appropriate STI treatment, and work towards the elimination of hepatitis B and C through increased prevention, testing, and linkage to care. Learn more